Jim Lee, a world-renowned comic book artist, writer, editor and publisher, is currently Chief Creative Officer of DC (DC) and Publisher for the company.
Known for his incredibly detailed and dynamic artistic style, Lee is one of the most revered and respected artists in American comics. A veritable legend in the industry, he has received numerous accolades and recognition for his work, including a Harvey Award, an Inkpot Award, Diamond Gemstone Awards and Wizard Fan Awards.
Since becoming Publisher in 2010, Lee has overseen many of the company’s highly successful publishing programs including the recent record-breaking Rebirth line of comics, as well as The New 52 initiative that relaunched the entire line of monthly superhero comic books. As part of the revamp, Lee designed and reimagined the new, more contemporary costumes for some of the DC universe's most iconic characters, including Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. Under Lee’s leadership, DC also successfully launched same-day digital across the entire line of comic books.
As Chief Creative Officer, Lee is charged with leading all creative efforts to fully integrate DC’s rich portfolio of characters and stories from iconic brands such as DC (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Justice League), DC Vertigo (Sandman) and MAD across all media. As part of these efforts, Lee works closely with DC’s Franchise Management team and fellow Warner Bros. colleagues to develop cross-promotional support for DC properties.
In addition, Lee also serves as the Executive Creative Director for DC Universe Online (DCUO), the only massively multiplayer online (MMO) game set in the DC Super Hero universe. Created by Sony Online Entertainment (SOE), this story-driven action adventure game is currently operated by Daybreak Games.
Prior to his current post at DC, Lee served as Editorial Director at DC where he oversaw WildStorm Studios and was also the artist for many of DC’s bestselling comic books and graphic novels, including ALL STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN, THE BOY WONDER, BATMAN: HUSH, and SUPERMAN: FOR TOMORROW.
Jim Lee was born in Seoul, South Korea but moved with his family to St. Louis, Missouri when he was young. After graduating cum laude with a BA in Psychology from Princeton University in 1986, he started his professional career at Marvel Comics where his work on the X-Men continues to hold the all-time sales record for single-issue sales at an incredible 8 million copies sold in one month.
In 1992, he started his own production company, WildStorm Productions, and co-founded Image Comics, an independent comics company that quickly grew to become the third largest North American publisher. Two of his creations, WILDCATS and GEN 13, saw life beyond comics as a CBS Saturday morning cartoon and as a DTV animated movie distributed by Disney, respectively. In 1998, DC purchased WildStorm Productions and Lee left Image Comics to join the DC Entertainment creative team.
Lee graduated cum laude with a BA in Psychology from Princeton University and resides in Los Angeles, CA with his wife, 9 kids, 5 dogs and a cat.
Jim Lee Silver Fan Experience (Saturday only) includes:
- One (1) signature on your own item with Jim Lee (CGC submission fees not included, CGC authentication optional at his table for an additional charge).
$50.00 plus taxes and fees
Saturday, June 3, 2023
Jim Lee Gold Fan Experience (Limited availability of 150 — Saturday only) includes:
- Three (3) signatures on your own items with Jim Lee (CGC submission fees not included, CGC authentication optional at his table for an additional charge)
- Guaranteed seating at the Saturday Jim Lee Panel for the package holder alone (One Sidekick or one Child may accompany the package holder).
- One (1) 12" x 18" cardstock Limited Edition Print signed by Jim Lee (this will be on cardstock and not on the high-quality lithograph material for the Platinum package).
$150 plus taxes and fees
Saturday, June 3, 2023
Jim Lee Platinum Fan Experience (Limited availability of 50 — Saturday only) includes:
- Eight (8) Autographs with Jim Lee on your own items – (CGC submission fees not included, CGC authentication optional at his table for an additional charge).
- Priority Seating at the Saturday Jim Lee Panel, at which Jim will sketch two (2) head shots to be awarded to a randomly-chosen Jim Lee Platinum Fan Experience holder!
- One (1) 14"x22" Limited Edition Fan Fusion Exclusive Lithograph printed on high end paper signed by Jim Lee.
- Photo with Jim Lee – our staff will use YOUR PHONE OR CAMERA to take a photo
$500 plus taxes and fees
Saturday, June 3, 2023
Admission to PHOENIX FAN FUSION is required to attend this event and is not included with these experiences.
CGC/CBCS witness facilitator will be available. Submission fees not included.